Malaysia Open 2009

Category: By AARON TAN
6th - 11th Jan 09

Got a call from Lionel a day after I came back from the trip . he was asking whether I wanna work again for Sunrise Yonex and yea , I agreed to work for them again and had to help him to find more people as this time we need at least 10 people compared to last time which we had 5 part timers only . mainly because this is a bigger event compared to last time [ Asian Junior Open ] . the three of us , Lionel , Marcus and I brought our own friends .

And so I worked for Sunrise selling Yonex merchandises in the Malaysia Open 2009 for 6 days in Bukit Jalil stadium . it was seriously a good experience though it was tiring but we had lots of fun . seriously fun . haha . I guess this is the first time I enjoyed working no matter how tired it was and had so much fun . but it's mainly because of the people who worked along . thank god I brought Sze Vean and Sarah [ Sze Vean kept asking stories and they always pinch me for nothing! haha ] along for this job and they brought Daniel and Andy for the last 3 days . I think basically if without them , we will be bored to death . and of cos the rest also . [ except for a few especially Ju-on , but he was our main source of laughter though . haha . inside story ] . without all the people there , it would not be as fun as it was and I m glad knowing them .

Not gonna elaborate much on my work . basically my job was just selling shoes and I guess it was the hardest and tiring job of all . [ I had to run in and out the store to get new shoes for almost 6 days ! ] 1st day and 2nd day I worked along with Sze Vean [ seriously won't be bored when she's around you cos she can talk non-stop . haha . ] from the 3rd day I worked along with Lionel on the other corner of the stall . damn kns corner . [ but still got damn many customers ] .

On the last day , we had planned together for dinner and chill at Station 1 to celebrate the end of it but we ended up heading to Sze Vean's place to chill . after helping the staff to pack the stocks , around 10 , we left for dinner at McD in Taipan [ we acted a drama by the way before we left to McD . to avoid Ju-on . haha . you guys should know ] . we went to get mixers and ices for the alcohol before heading to Vean's house . [ damn deep her house . going into the jungle . haha . don't get angry ah Yap ]
People at her house were 6 guys [ Ryan , Marcus , Daniel , Andy , Zi Yang and I ] and two girls [ herself and Sarah ] . the guys gambled for few rounds till midnight struck . and we started our drinking games . the first was Circle of Death [ I was everyone's enemy , no matter what I had to drink , wtf ] went with Big Fish and Small Fish game and later on 007 Bang [ we had different styles of bang though . haha ] and after that game , the guys were slightly tipsy , Zi Yang totally out and we brought him up to Vean's room to sleep . Andy and Ryan were sleeping on the sofa while the rest of us continued chatting at her bar table . [ they kept asking Marcus and I bout our secrets . haha . we were tipsy thats why they kept asking . haha . ] and all of us ended up sleeping at her place in her room . we slept at 6 am [ funny part is , Daniel had to wake up at 6 for college and all he did was just laying down for 15 minutes . haha ] Zi Yang and Andy had to leave with him while the rest 'kong' till noon . haha .

Pictures

.............................................................................................................................

Sarah and I

Sze Vien and I

Sarah and I again

the Yonex team

one of the matches

shirts that we bought . haha [cheap-lar]

end of the tournament . time to pack

After tournament , in Sze Vien's place
the gamblers
that shirt is nice right . who's one ah?

our 'drinks' for the night

one of the pictures she didn't cover her face .



It was really fun working with these people . AWESOME
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?